We’re working with Page kirk, is a highly successful firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisors based in Nottingham. Who like to see themselves as ‘a firm of the future’. Their relationship with their clients is of the utmost importance. They are a progressive and dynamic organisation who are always interested in hearing from Business’ and individuals who need their advice and guidance.
They are always on the lookout for individuals with ambition and commitment to join their team. They are currently on the search for an experienced Paraplanner to take hold of the paraplanning side of the business.
The purpose of this role is to act as a Paraplanner within the business. This includes performing senior administrative duties, client research, report construction and client contact ensuring the highest possible standard of client service, working closely with Financial Advisers and IFA Administrators, to support the client advisory process, playing a key role in the business. Open to full time or part time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Your duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to)
- Review fact finds, file notes, client risk profile questionnaires etc. as provided by the Financial Advisers to gain an understanding of the client requirements discussed and agreed.
- Compile suitability reports
- Undertake necessary research and analysis including fund analysis, product comparison, product analysis, fund research, charges analysis.
- Pre-populate client application forms.
- Record monitor and report on progress.
- Instruct the IFA Administrator to proceed with preparation packs for clients.
- Ensure that potential service delivery failures are brought to attention.
- Deliver an efficient and valuable service by operating in a timely fashion and offering constructive ideas and feedback.
- Check files are fully compliant.
- To build a strong working relationship with the Advisers in order to provide exceptional support in the delivery of their business strategy.
- To provide consistent, effective communication allowing clients to have confidence that their instructions and requests are understood.
- To drive your own Continual Professional Development by seeking opportunities to upskill in areas that you have gaps in knowledge and work collaboratively with other team members to cross skill.
- Liaising with Directors on a regular basis, to be agreed, to update, maintain and review work in progress and task lists.
- Compile meeting preparation packs and attend meetings when required.
The Ideal Employee:
- 2 years paraplanning experience
- You will have a working knowledge of core financial products including pensions, ISAs, Investment Accounts, Bonds, Venture Capital Trusts, Enterprise Investment Schemes and all forms of protection.
- To be efficient, diligent, and disciplined in all tasks undertaken.
- Must be a great team player and be able to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues.
- High attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and proficiency in investment research tools and analysis.
- Would be an advantage to have experience of cash-flow planning tools.
- Excellent organisation, communication, and numeracy skills both written and oral.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure of tight deadlines.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and remain calm under pressure.
- The ability to work from your own initiative.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- To have a forward-looking, can do attitude when dealing with client instructions.
- You will have the required skills in Adobe, Word, Excel and Outlook, alongside other system specific knowledge, to create all necessary documentation, templates and reports to brand guidelines.
The successful candidate will receive a basic salary of up to £35,000 ( part time pro rata) with a generous pension scheme, 23.5 days holiday plus bank holidays you will also have Christmas and New year off. This is an office-based role however some home working will be available.