MacIntosh James & Partners was established in 2004. Their business is based upon developing successful, long-term relationships with their clients. They aim to become a trusted adviser on all financial matters no matter how circumstances change. Key to this mission is their dedication to constantly understand their clients’ needs.
MacIntosh James & Partners remain staunchly independent, which is vital to the integrity and quality of their services. This means they are exclusively client advisers, not product providers. When their advice does involve the use of products or structures, they only recommend and utilise those that have been thoroughly researched from the whole of the market and passed their rigorous selection procedures.
Purpose of role
Responsible for the production of reports, research and technical information in respect of all financial planning advice for all Advisers.
You will be able to work from home 2/3 days per week. Hybrid working hours is also available but the essential core hours are 10:00 – 15:30
Basic Salary –
£42,000 – £50,000 per annum
To be agreed dependent on experience and capabilities
Employer pension contribution, death in service (4x)
24 days paid leave plus bank holidays
Exam support and training.
Main tasks of the role
- Produce accurate, compliant client reports within agreed timescales.
- Assist in the production of client portfolio reviews.
- Provide response to client technical queries.
- Produce client cash flow models.
- Assist with updating MJPs preferred provider panels. This will involve the ongoing monitoring of recommended structures and providers.
- Together with other members of the Technical Unit, update standard report/RWLs, standard paragraphs and tools for all areas of advice.
- Assist in the training to other members of staff on all area’s of advice
- Produce technical bulletins to be sent to clients and introducers when appropriate.
Minimum CII Diploma or equivalent including pension planning papers. Successful candidates will be expected to work towards attaining the advanced diploma and Chartered Status.
Minimum 3 years in a similar role within a financial services business.
Candidates must be competent in the use of Excel to intermediate level.
Comprehensive experience of dealing with pensions.
Not ready to start the application process or have some questions first? Why not apply and have a confidential chat one our Directors, Lee Old. Alternatively find us on LinkedIn and send us a message!