The opportunity for an experienced career Paraplanner to join a growing award-winning financial planning firm. Join a friendly, professional, established, forward thinking business in an open working environment and a supportive team that focuses on learning and development, and achieving excellent client outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities
Your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working within our award-winning team, mainly supporting one Financial Planner with their delivery and servicing of comprehensive financial planning to our clients. However, may be required to help other planners from time to time.
- Undertake product and investment research, prepare financial planning reports and recommendations, and implement agreed plans.
- Liaising with the planning team, clients, and providers where necessary.
- Analysis of personal client data and preparation of financial plans (including cashflow forecasting).
- Analysis of products and underlying investment strategies.
- File preparation for Annual Review Meeting’s with clients and action any remedial work required following review
- Maintaining electronically client files.
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance standards are achieved
- Assisting and contributing to the ongoing development of best practice for processes within the firm
- Ensuring the best interests of our clients are at the heart of everything you do
Dartington Wealth Management is an award-winning Wealth Management Business that has the combined advantages of being a relatively new business of 7 years but with long established roots in the industry going back as far as 60 years.
They provide independent advice to individuals, business owners, charities and trustees.
What does the successful candidate look like?
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience working in a Paraplanning role, A good knowledge and experience in all areas of financial planning and ideally passed the Financial Planning Diploma (level 4) or at least be part-qualified and willing to take further exams.
- Experience working with Intelligent Office (iO), FE Analytics, Adobe, Selectapension and cashflow tools.
- Competent in writing technical suitability reports and able to assimilate complex technical information into a format that is understandable for clients.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Highly organised, analytical, and able to prioritise workloads to achieve deadlines.
- A positive attitude and able to work efficiently with minimum supervision, or as part of the team as required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Salary & Benefits:
The successful candidate will receive a basic salary of £30,000 – £40,000.
Other benefits include:
- Discretionary bonus scheme with the potential to earn the equivalent of a further 10% of basic salary
- 25 days holiday+ bank holidays increasing with years of service
- Work place pension scheme with a 5% employer contribution
- Death in service scheme
- Cycle to work and other salary sacrifice benefits
- Financial support for exams, training and professional membership
Experience (Essential): 2 years paraplanning experience
Qualifications: on route to being Level 4 diploma qualified
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent