Client Services Administrator
Our client is currently seeking a dedicated and skilled Pensions and Investment Administrator to join their small team.
Their business is a leading wealth management firm offering independent financial advice on pensions, investments, and defined benefit transfers to individuals and families with significant investment portfolios. Their office is based in Sutton Coldfield.
As a Pensions and Investment Administrator, you will play a crucial role in their team, primarily focusing on pensions and investment administration for their clients. Your responsibilities will include preparing client investment review documents, ensuring timely information retrieval for client requests, and conducting monthly investment fund analysis.
They offer a competitive salary and a range of benefits, including flexible working arrangements and a supportive work environment that encourages personal and professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare comprehensive client investment review packs and financial summaries of investments for advisor meetings.
- Collate data from fund ratings agencies to update their monthly fund spreadsheet, assess fund performance against their benchmarks, and identify funds that fail to meet criteria.
- Obtain telephone valuations and other investment-related information required for client reviews.
- Build cashflows and update assumptions on Voyant software.
- Send out client letters of authority, follow up with product providers for timely responses on client policy submissions, and challenge timescales when necessary.
- Prioritize and perform pre- and post-sales administration tasks for pensions and investment business, utilizing software such as Intelligent Office, Financial Express, Voyant, MS Office, and Excel.
- Maintain accurate daily records to monitor the progress of client cases against target times, provide updates to team members, and contribute to workflow meetings.
- Collaborate effectively with the rest of the team to ensure timely completion of client cases.
Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- In-depth working knowledge of pensions and investments terminology, processes, and legislation.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, with the ability to adapt to Intelligent Office, Financial Express, and other software systems used within the company.
- Excellent numeracy skills, enabling complex analysis of client portfolios.
- High level of accuracy in interpreting client and company correspondence, crosschecking information, and taking appropriate actions.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, capable of building positive relationships with colleagues, product providers, and suppliers.
- Receptive to instruction and training, with a proactive attitude towards self-study and continuous professional development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Already holds or is working towards a Certificate in Financial Planning or a similar qualification.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Sense of humour
- Strong organizational abilities
- Team player
- Ability to listen, learn, and develop
- Excellent conversational skills
Salary & Benefits:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive basic salary of up to £35,000 per annum.
Additional benefits include:
- 30 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- 8% pension contribution
- Flexible working arrangements
- 5x death in service cover
- Free Parking
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Experience (Essential): 18 months - 2 years of financial services experience
Qualifications: Certificate in Financial Planning or similar (already obtained or working towards)
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent