We are thrilled to present an exceptional opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organisation as a Paraplanner.
Our client, one of the largest Chartered Financial Planning firms in the UK, is dedicated to delivering independent, whole-of-market advice to their esteemed clientele. With a nationwide team of over 400 advisors, they offer an extensive range of services, including Corporate Advice, Estate Planning, Insurance, Investment Advice, Mortgage Advice, and Retirement Planning.
As a vital member of the team, you will play a key role as a Paraplanner, providing crucial support to the Financial Advisers and IFA Administrators. Your primary responsibilities will involve handling administrative duties, conducting client research, constructing reports, and maintaining client contact. By ensuring the highest standard of client service, you will contribute to the success of the advisory process and overall business objectives.
Our client is committed to nurturing your professional growth and offers excellent prospects for career advancement. They also provide strong support for obtaining future qualifications, enabling you to expand your knowledge and capabilities in this role.
Locations: Fleet and Chichester
Salary & Benefits:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive basic salary of up to £43,000 per annum.
Additional benefits include:
- Structured bonus based on serviced revenue and revenue generation.
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to bank holidays.
- An additional day off on your birthday.
- Salary sacrifice pension contributions (5% employee and 4% employer).
- Annual leave purchase scheme, allowing the purchase of up to five extra days of annual leave per year.
- Support for professional subscriptions.
- Access to company Flex, an online platform offering flexible benefits and thousands of discounts.
- Bi-annual eye test vouchers.
- 4X Death in Service benefit.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme, providing free, confidential counselling and 24/7 access to medical professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Your duties and responsibilities will encompass, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct research and analysis on products and providers for clients, compiling suitability reports and annual reviews that align with client needs.
- Continuously research and evaluate investment funds to ensure they meet performance expectations and are suitable for clients based on their risk profile and company standards.
- Review new contracts and changes in product provider terms, identifying appropriate solutions for product recommendations to Financial Advisors.
- Maintain comprehensive research materials and ensure all records are in compliance with company standards.
- Uphold company procedures for the "back office" operations.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance compliance and best practices, ensuring accurate documentation for all submissions.
- Undertake annual reviews for existing clients, conducting thorough research, and analysis, and providing appropriate recommendations where applicable.
Skills & Qualifications:
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Paraplanner, with a strong emphasis on report writing.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and the capacity to develop effective solutions.
- Level 4 Diploma in financial planning (or equivalent DipPFS or DipFA), or actively working towards achieving the qualification.
- Excellent knowledge of key areas of financial planning, including trusts, personal taxation, pension legislation, protection, and investment principles.
- Meticulous attention to detail, coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills, enabling effective interactions with IFA's, colleagues, and clients, with the ability to quickly build rapport.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly with advanced Excel knowledge. Familiarity with industry-specific applications is advantageous.
- Self-motivated and well-organized, with the ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage workload efficiently. Support IFA's in prioritizing tasks to achieve excellent customer service.